Saturday, July 23, 2011

Kody's Story

My path to publication literally occurred within a few months. After I started to take my writing seriously in late 2006, I began to submit my work to multiple publications, using the advice offered from publishers and the input of friends in order to hone my craft. Within six to seven months, I had landed my first tentative acceptance with my story [A] Prom Queen's Revenge. After engaging in dialogue with the webzine's editor, Cindy Rosmus, and completing the edits she asked of me, my first story was published within the next few months. In all, it took me only one year for Prom Queen accepted for publication after its initial conception. Nearly four years later, I have been published over thirty times and have a short story collection coming out and two other novels scheduled to either be written or released. I guess I'm what you'd call an 'instantaneous success.' It takes some people years to get published, while some never do because they're unable or unwilling to explore alternative mediums of publishing. I had a goal in mind when I began to get serious about my writing--I wanted to be published, I wanted to be known. Once you have something in mind and are willing to make it a reality, you're almost always able to accomplish it. All it takes is a little determination and a lot of willpower.
------------------------
Kody Boye
Dark Genre Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment