Saturday, July 23, 2011

Diana's Success story

I began writing after I retired from the Navy, AGC(AW). I quit counting rejections at 100 as I deducted that I knew how to earn a rejection. :) So, I continued to take writing courses on-line, to attend chapter meetings, and to keep my focus on my dream of becoming published.

After 9 1/2 years, I was 3/4 through my 11th novel when I received "The Call" from Kate Duffy and Sulay Hernandez for my 8th novel. It was an amazing day. I didn't yell or anything, but cried. Once I calmed, I read my prepared note near my writing desk to the editors, "My sincere thanks. Can you please explain what your offer is." I wrote everything down, then I thanked them for their time and told them I would get back to them in the next day or so. When my kids came home from school, I shared the exciting news. Then, I called several writing friends, culled sage advice, and a couple of days later I negotiated a two-book contract.

To date I've sold four novels, have acquired an amazing agent, my books are sold worldwide and have been translated into Portuguese and Thai. I'm now working on proposals for the last two books in the MacGruder brothers series. In 2012 I'm traveling to Scotland for a book signing tour. Some of my goals include being a NYT Best-Selling Author, owning a summer home in Scotland, and best, to sponsor an entire home for Habitat For Humanity!

His Captive/Alexander MacGruder
His Woman/Duncan MacGruder - 4 star Romantic Times review - 2009 Booksellers Best Finalist
His Conquest - Pre-Order now! / His Destiny - Nov 2011

Diana Cosby

No comments:

Post a Comment